I’ve decided to make my first challenge of 2012 the Young Adult Reading Challenge, hosted by Jamie at The Eclectic Bookshelf. The challenge rules are as follows:
- Anyone can join.
- You don’t need a blog to participate.
- Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post on Jamie’s blog.
- Audio, eBooks, paper, re-reads all count.
- No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
- There are four levels:
- The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
- The “Fun Size” YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.
- The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.
- The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.
At the risk of being underwhelming, I think I’m going to go with the Fun Size challenge. Chances are I’ll read more YA than that in 2012 but since I like to spread my reading over so many genres I don’t want to feel limited because I’ve committed to so many in one genre. And considering that in 2010 I wouldn’t have even read enough YA to complete the Mini challenge, I’ll be pretty happy with 40.